Most of our group classes meet once a week for 2 hours for 10 weeks. Group classes require a minimum enrollment of 3 students. Private and Semi-Private classes are available upon request on an on-going basis. If you don’t see the language you would like to learn, let us know! We will try our best to make that happen.
Proficiency Levels and Descriptions:
Not sure which level to take? Click here to view our language development standards or give us a call at 423-802-2040 for more input.
Note: All online payment is done through PayPal.
24-Hour Cancellation Clause: Our teachers pour much time and effort into preparing their lessons for you. Therefore, if you are enrolled in private or semi-private lessons, we request at least 24 hours notice for cancellations. If you cancel a lesson with less than 24 hour notice, you are still charged for the lesson, and our teacher is not required to make up the class.
Refund Policy: CSL reserves the right to cancel a class if fewer than 3 students register. If the class is cancelled, and CSL can’t accommodate you with another class option (we email you these options immediately), your payment will be refunded in full. If you have registered for the class and want to withdraw, you must do so at least 7 days prior to the start of the class in order to receive a refund less a $25 administrative fee. Please note that NO refunds will be issued for student withdrawals once classes have started or for missed classes.
*If your class falls on a federal holiday, it will be re-scheduled at the end of the term. We will confirm this information with you as soon as you register.
*When you register for a class, you are complying to the policies mentioned on our site (24-hour cancellation, refund, holidays, etc.)
Summer: June 27 to Aug 29 (10 weeks)
American Sign Language
Beginning Level 1: Class Info // Text to purchase: Signing Naturally: Student Workbook, Level 1 (Vista American Sign Language: Functional Notation Approach) by Ken Mikos, Cheri Smith and Ella Mae Lentz.
Beginning Level 2: Class Info // Text to purchase: Signing Naturally: Student Workbook, Level 2 (Vista American Sign Language: Functional Notation Approach) by Ken Mikos, Cheri Smith and Ella Mae Lentz.
- Beginning ASL, level 1 Tues, 5:30-7:30 pm *Starting wk of July 11 $288.00
- Beginning ASL, level 3 Wed, 5:30-7:30 pm *Starting wk of July 11 $288.00
Beginning: Levels 1-3 Class Info
All levels will be using the following book: Alif Baa: Introduction to Arabic Letters and Sounds: Third Edition.
- Beginning Arabic, level 1 Wed, 5:30-7:30 pm $288.00
- Beginning Arabic, level 3 Thurs, 6-8 pm $288.00
English as a Second Language
The Beginning class is a good fit for all beginning levels.
This class is for 10 weeks (20 hr total).
- ESL, Beginning (includes levels 1-3) Wed, 5:30-7:30 pm $288.00
- Beginning French, level 1 Tues, 5.30-7.30 pm $288.00
- Beginning French, level 2 Wed, 6-8 pm $288.00
- Beginning French, level 3 Thurs, 6-8 pm $288.00
- Pre-Intermediate French, level 1 Mon, 5:30-7:30 pm $288.00
Beginning level 1 class will utilize the following book: Living Language Italian, Essential Edition: Beginner Course.
*Note that if you think you will continue taking classes, you may want to go ahead and purchase the Complete Edition for Beginner - Advanced levels because the Intermediate and Advanced level books aren’t sold separately.
- Beginning Italian, level 1 Thurs, 6-8 pm $288.00
- Beginning Italian, level 2 Tues, 5.30-7.30 pm *starting July 5 $288.00
Beginning levels 1-2 will utilize the following workbook: Japanese in 10 Minutes a Day by Kristen Kershel.
- Beginning Japanese, level 1 Tues, 5:30-7:30 pm $288.00
- Beginning Japanese, level 2 Thurs, 5:30-7:30 pm $288.00
Beginning Levels 1-2 will use the following workbook: Portuguese in 10 Minutes a Day by Kristine Kershul.
Intermediate: Levels 1-5 Class Info
Advanced: Levels 1-5 Class Info
Superior: Levels 1-2 Class Info
For Pre-Intermediate-Superior levels, your teacher will let you know what book to purchase.
- Beginning Spanish, level 1 Mon, 5:30-7:30 pm $288.00
- Beginning Spanish, level 2 Tues, 5:30-7:30 pm $288.00
- Beginning Spanish, level 3 Mon, 5:30-7:30 pm $288.00
- Pre-Intermediate Spanish, level 2 Wed, 6:30-8:30 pm $288.00
- Pre-Intermediate Spanish, level 2b Wed, 5:30-6:30 pm $144.00
- Intermediate Spanish, level 1 Tues, 5:30-6:30 pm $288.00
- Advanced Spanish Conversation Tues, 2:30-3:30 pm $144.00
For more information about each camp, click here.
- German Immersion Camp: July 18-22 (ages 11+) Mon-Fri, 9:30am-noon $180.00
- Spanish Immersion Camp: June 13-17 (ages 11+) Mon-Fri, 9:30am-noon $180.00
- French Immersion Camp: July 25-29 (ages 11+) Mon-Fri, 9:30am-noon $180.00
- Spanish Immersion Nature Camp (June 13-17) Mon-Fri 9-12 $145.00
- Spanish Immersion Nature Camp (June 20-24) Mon-Fri 9-12 $145.00
- Spanish Immersion Nature Camp (June 27-July 1) Mon-Fri 9-12 $145.00
- March 5: The Art of Macrame 9am-12pm $15.00
- April 16: Salsa Dancing Boot Camp 1-4 pm $45.00
Private & Semi-private Classes
We also offer private and semi-private classes for a variety of other languages. Find out more about arranging a private or semi-private class by contacting us.