All classes meet once a week for six (6) weeks. Group classes require a minimum enrollment of 3 students. Private and Semi-Private classes are available upon request on an on-going basis. If you don’t see the language you would like to learn, let us know! We will try our best to make that happen.
Note: All online payment is done through PayPal.
24-Hour Cancellation Clause: Our teachers pour much time and effort into preparing their lessons for you. Therefore, if you are enrolled in private or semi-private lessons, we request at least 24 hours notice for cancellations. If you cancel a lesson with less than 24 hour notice, you are still charged for the lesson, and our teacher is not required to make up the class.
Winter I: Jan 26 to March 2 (6 weeks)
American Sign Language
Beginning and Intermediate levels will utilize the following workbook: Signing Made Easy by Rod Butterworth and Mickey Flodin.
- Beginning ASL, level 1 Wed, 5:30-7:30 $144.00
- Beginning ASL, level 2 Mon, 5:30-7:30 $144.00
- Beginning Arabic, level 1 Thurs, 5:30-7:30 pm $144.00
Beginning and Intermediate classes will utilize the following workbook: French in 10 Minutes a Day by Kristine K. Kershul.
- Beginning French, level 1 Mon, 5:30-7:30 pm $144.00
- Beginning French, level 2 Thurs, 5:30-7:30 pm $144.00
- Beginning German, level 1 Tues, 5:30-7:30 pm $144.00
- Beginning German, level 2 Thurs, 6-8 pm $144.00
Beginning level 1 class will utilize the following workbook: Italian in 10 Minutes a Day by Kristine Kershul.
- Beginning Italian, level 1 Mon, 5:30-7:30 pm $144.00
- Beginning Japanese, level 1 Thurs, 5:30-7:30 pm $144.00
- Beginning Japanese, level 2 Tues, 5:30-7:30 pm $144.00
Beginning level 1 classes will utilize the following book: Chinese Link: Beginning Chinese, Simplified Character Version, Level 1/Part 1, 2nd Edition By Sue-mei Wu, Yueming Yu, Yanhui Zhang, Weizhong Tian.
- Beginning Mandarin, level 1 Wed, 5:30-7:30 pm $144.00
- Beginning Mandarin, level 2 Tues, 5:30-7:30 pm $144.00
- Beginning Spanish, level 1 Mon, 5:30-7:30 pm $144.00
- Beginning Spanish, level 2 Tues, 5:30-7:30 pm $144.00
- Intermediate Spanish, level 1 Wed, 5:30-7:30 pm $144.00
- Intermediate Spanish, level 3 Thurs, 5-6 pm $72.00
Community Language Classes
Language Classes for Kids in Grades K-5:
Held at the Mountain Arts Community Center on Signal Mtn.
Starting the week of January 19 for 12 weeks. **(start date has moved back one week to January 19)
Mondays / Thursdays, 4-5 p.m.
These classes will cover introductory and supplementary information and will give the children the tools to start growing and building upon their current vocabulary in the language. They will also build their memory and recall of what they have learned and will be able to start building sentences and have basic dialogue in the language. Conducted primarily in the foreign language, this interactive class will provide a holistic approach to language acquisition by focusing on conversation and cultural aspects that make the language come alive for the children.
*Please note that if you are not a residence of the Town of Signal Mtn., you will pay an additional $15 non-residence fee to the MACC at the time of the class. This goes directly to the MACC.
- Spanish (K-2nd) Monday, 4-5 p.m. $144.00
- French (3rd-5th) Monday, 4-5 p.m. $144.00
- German (3rd-5th) Thursday, 4-5 p.m. $144.00
- Spanish (3rd-5th) Thursday, 4-5 p.m. $144.00
Private & Semi-private Classes
We also offer private and semi-private classes for a variety of other languages. Find out more about arranging a private or semi-private class by contacting us.